Man, what a crazy 24 hours...

May 7, 2018
Greensboro, NC
Lordy is been a rough 24 hours.

nothing really wrong - just want to vent about what’s transpired over the past few days. Got my pool area leveled, filled and open two weeks ago.

Fast forward to last night - kids were in the pool and we hear a pop / thud noise. Didn’t think anything of it (at least not thinking it was the pool). When they got done, and the water settled, we noticed that one side of the pool was way too “deep” and turns out that where we had the land leveled and compacted for the pool, it apparently settled under the weight of one leg (where we had to raise the ground level) and it kicked out about 3” and caused it to drop. Only way to fix is to drain and correct. Kids were crying because they wanted to swim this weekend as it’s gonna be in the 90’s...

Pump out the pool overnight - get up at 5:00am - didn’t really sleep because I was so ****** off - spend all morning correcting the issue with some hardcore re-enforcing and compacting and fill the pool back up today (started filling at 11:00am).

Got the chemistry back to where it needs to be and is currently filtering (and will let it probably overnight). Kids will be in tomorrow, I’m sure, even though water temp is around 68 degrees.

Like I said, no real questions - just wanted to vent as all that money in water and chemicals went down the literal drain overnight. Lol. In any event, it’s stronger and more re-enforced and I am happy with it.

Photo was after I finished everything tonight.

Attachments

• A9020F4D-C705-480E-97E8-4279A7B7E027.jpeg
    A9020F4D-C705-480E-97E8-4279A7B7E027.jpeg
    631.4 KB · Views: 35
I hate to rain on your parade, but odds are if what you did was build that sunken area up it will do it again. These pools weigh thousands of pounds when full of water. They will compact the ground far greater than you can compact it by hand. What did you use to make the repair?

you are not raining on my parade. I thought about that so we went big.

Plate compactor - my dad had one available to him and brought it over in the AM. Going over and over it every 1/2” we added. Underneath the two legs that were on the part we Had raised now are also two concrete blocks that are level with the ground and no where close to touching the liner.

my original issue was not going far enough beyond the edge of the pool maybe 6” - but I went out 2’ extra and suppported that edge with a mini retaining wall type setup - Should have done that to begin with.

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.