Major leak over the winter

Hello,

I have a 24' above ground pool and the liner was just replaced two summers ago. When I closed it last year, everything appeared to be fine but over the winter, it somehow developed a leak. I added a significant amount of water back in January to bring it back close to the level it was at when I closed it. Now, after removing my cover early last week, I find that I only have about 10 inches of water in the pool so it lost a little over 3 feet.

What is the best way to attack this problem? Should I drain the rest of the water out and clean the bottom of the pool? Do I leave it as is and try to find the leak now? Should I fill the pool, clean it and balance the chemicals and then try to find the leak? The reason I ask is while it isn't too dirty, it is dirty enough to make looking for a leak difficult. I was in it this morning and tried searching but ended up kicking up debris and that it made it that much more difficult and frustrating. That's what has me wondering if it would be easier to spot a small hole or tear on a clean liner surface. But then again, I don't want to add a massive amount of water just to have it leak out, or worse, have to drain it to put in a new liner if it comes to that.

I'm still kind of new to this and just don't know the best way to deal with it. I'd really appreciate any advice.

No easy way. You have to fill the pool to get the pump running to clean the water to be able to find the leak.

Before you fill the pool you can look closely at the level the water was at since that often indicates the leak is just above that water level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.