Maintaining pool levels

The numbers look good if your CYA is 30 and not 40. :) Yes, the CYA is a bit tricky. As you fill the tiny tube with the black dot, the quicker the dot disappears the higher your CYA is. So it makes sense what you said that you added more water to get to a CYA of 30. Remember after testing CYA, you can pour the solution back to the mixing bottle and re-pour back to the skinny tube as much as you want to confirm. Looks like you're doing really well, so hang in there and keep us posted.

So I did some test again:
CYA went up to 40 but I thought liquid chlorine 10% was not supposed to increase it.
FC was 16 which is shock level and when I did the test last night it was also 9 and I put in more liquid chlorine to raise to 16
CC was 0.5 which is good.

The pool looks clear and clean but I am a perfectionist and see a couple of brown streaks that look like algae. I tried brushing but it does not come off. Should I continue slamming to try to get rid of it?

Thanks
-Dimitry

Good morning Dimitry. The only problem I see is that when you added 10% chlorine last night to raise it from an FC of 9, we don't see where you re-tested it to make sure it was 16. What if you actually went "over" the projected FC level of 16 (i.e. 18 or more), then you might have lost more over night bringing you down to 16 this morning. Make sense? When it comes to the OCLT, we are very picky. :) Now if you say that before bed you did in-fact verify the FC was 16, and when you checked this morning it was still 16, then you certainly passed. We just want you to be certain.

I was adding liquid chlorine to bring up the slam to 16 at a CYA of 40. In my initial posts, I was just writing the amounts to make sure I was adding the correct amounts but I added more after that but never posted it.

Thanks
-Dimitry

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just wanted to thank everyone that helped me get this pool under control. I was ready to give up but now the pool is clear and chemical levels are correct. My major in college was Biochemistry/Computer Science but I have not used my biochemistry for close to 20 years. I knew my Biochemistry background would come in handy sometime.
I will post pictures once our weather goes from rain to sun. It is almost June and it is still cold (in the 60's) and rainy here in Baltimore.

My next task is to get the stain out of the pool that has been there for more than 3 years. I will post a separate thread on help for that.

Thanks again,
-Dimitry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.