Maintaining FC

Apr 23, 2018
Hephzibah Ga
Ok so now that my pools is almost completely clear. I've been wondering about maintaining fc. How do i keep it at my target range of 5 to 7? Right now I'm testing twice daily. Morning and night . And added cl when needed. Is that typical? And also do i over shoot the cl addition to account for the daily loss or is that wasting cl? Maybe as time goes by I will learn the habits of my pool but right now I'm not sure how much fc I'm losing in a day. Seems like a lot like 4 or 5 a day. Does that sound right? Thanks you guys!

I live in Alabama, and I found that I needed to bump my CYA to about 60 so that my daily FC drop was about 3-4 points per day.

Test once per day at the same time of day, and adjust your FC accordingly, and you will get the hang of it quickly.

Seems like you are over thinking......the key is between 5-7 if it falls a little bit below for a day its not gonna hurt ya......I test every other day once and add chlorine on those days to put the levels at the top of my range to give me that room between adds. right now I am at half a gallon of chlorine every other day. there are days i'll add more to give me an extra day because going over wont hurt

Seems like you are over thinking......the key is between 5-7 if it falls a little bit below for a day its not gonna hurt ya......I test every other day once and add chlorine on those days to put the levels at the top of my range to give me that room between adds. right now I am at half a gallon of chlorine every other day. there are days i'll add more to give me an extra day because going over wont hurt
I seem to be losing too much to skip a day testing or adding because I would be below my minimum

I'm glad this question came up because I just finished SLAMing and I was wondering how much FC was normal to be losing during the day. 4-5 seems about right what I was seeing too when I was gone for the day. Just did a quick calculation on how much that will cost to maintain using liquid and it's about $90 a month where I'm at. If that's the case, a SWG might be in my near future.

I'm glad this question came up because I just finished SLAMing and I was wondering how much FC was normal to be losing during the day. 4-5 seems about right what I was seeing too when I was gone for the day. Just did a quick calculation on how much that will cost to maintain using liquid and it's about $90 a month where I'm at. If that's the case, a SWG might be in my near future.
More like $180 a month for me. Using about 2 gallons a day

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes I passed the overnight test and cc. I did stop slamming before my water was completely clear because I had been slamming for 3 weeks straight and scrubbed everything. And it was a brand new sand filter. I think at that point most would agree that it was a matter of filtering at that point. So it was a judgement call on my part before I went chlorine broke. Lol but I was right and it's continuously gotten more and more clear. It's almost cystsal clear now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.