Magnolia Texas (Houston) Pool Build Thread!!

Waterfall/slide start to current.

1_zpsbam7piof.jpg

IMG_1912_zpsf0dhzjwz.jpg

IMG_2063_zpsiusovbqq.jpg

IMG_2062_zpssagt0fko.jpg

IMG_2059_zpsqin9ix6h.jpg

IMG_2058_zps4fjesd9f.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

plumbing current

IMG_2011_zpsguafshcw.jpg

IMG_2017_zpsrpmmfuhr.jpg

IMG_2019_zpsimybpwbf.jpg

IMG_2020_zpsz7cplmku.jpg

IMG_2021_zpsxtss3fym.jpg

IMG_2038_zps1tglbffw.jpg

IMG_2040_zps0z0bdmpf.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Fireplace/wall current

IMG_2054_zpskahgii5s.jpg

IMG_2065_zpsll1udt2f.jpg

IMG_2066_zpscmmbvwtv.jpg

IMG_2055_zpsoqwvntyp.jpg

IMG_2053_zpsdhjhxy1k.jpg

First the "bad". I don't see any unions on the pumps!!!! When, not if, you ever have to work on one or replace it you will have to cut pipe. You need unions now.

Now the fun part!! Love the tile and the job they have done so far! Nice and even! I like the grout color you picked out as well.

That slide/waterfall is AWESOME! What a great job they are doing on it! I would have loved to just sit there and watch them do that art work!

That is one L.O.N.G. trench for that blue pipe :shock: glad I did not have to dig it!

That fire place wall is WOWER! I can't wait to see that finished!

Thanks for the pics!

Kim:kim:

More pictures of the waterfall

IMG_2115_zpscvrurrlt.jpg

IMG_2116_zpsvwk8s4lz.jpg

IMG_2117_zpsvhp4el1f.jpg

IMG_2118_zpss5a0tlwi.jpg

IMG_2119_zpsr3igb97c.jpg

IMG_2120_zps0xhuhgmb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of stuff happening really quick now as my builder wants to try to get me swimming by next weekend since my mother is coming into town.

Decking will be tomorrow.

Plaster prep/cleaning is Saturday

Actual plaster day is Monday

doing stone scapes mini pebble tropics. custom blend one extra bag of black pebble per batch. abalone shells and dark glass hand casted in.

Kim -- is there anything I need to pay attention to on cement day or plaster day other than making sure the plaster is the plaster I ordered? Should I be so noisy to ask if they are putting in the extra bag of black pebbles while they are doing it?

Also can you give me the links of everything I need to order to make sure what is in good condition.

Kim -- is there anything I need to pay attention to on cement day or plaster day other than making sure the plaster is the plaster I ordered? Should I be so noisy to ask if they are putting in the extra bag of black pebbles while they are doing it?

Also can you give me the links of everything I need to order to make sure what is in good condition.

You SHOULD ask about the black pebbles! I would go so far as to ask the see them when they show up to do the work. "Please show me the plaster as well as XXX (any extras you asked and payed for)"

Here is the shopping list:

MUST have:

TFTestkits.net

Extra nice to have. I will let you pick the one you want:

TFTestkits.net

If you want to get extra fancy here are some things you can get to make a tiny bit easier. Extra beans and a couple of extra cylinders so you don't have to rinse between tests:

TFTestkits.net

There ya go! Is your wallet screaming? LOL

Kim:kim:

Tf test kit order and the speed stir

they finished rebarring the deck. Deck pour is tomorrow
sunday is plaster cleanup/prep and Monday I plaster!!

only downside is my deck ending up being quit a bit bigger than we planned. Planned for 1,500 sf and the deck ended up being 2,000 sf so I'm sure that will cost me $4,500. Money seems to just keep flooding out of my pockets

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tf test kit order and the speed stir

they finished rebarring the deck. Deck pour is tomorrow
sunday is plaster cleanup/prep and Monday I plaster!!

only downside is my deck ending up being quit a bit bigger than we planned. Planned for 1,500 sf and the deck ended up being 2,000 sf so I'm sure that will cost me $4,500. Money seems to just keep flooding out of my pockets

Thats no downside. Never met anyone that wished they had a smaller deck.

Spongy flip flops? Guys doing mine wore shoes with spikes so there was no foot prints. Is there actually a depression in the plaster? The acid wash just exposes the aggregate if it is a depression I do not think it would get rid of foot prints.

Questions,

just got plastered today. they are going to come back in about 4 hours and acid wash

I am assuming the acid wash will remove all these footprints that were made with those "spongey flip flops"?

foot%20prints_zpssikgk4by.jpg

Thats a nice custom detail you got for free :)...

In all seriousness though I hope it would come out, but if it doesn't I pretty sure you have a clear case to have it repaired with the PB.

lucky, how's it going out there in your neck of Magnolia?

I thought about your initial posts and the floods in the last couple of years getting close and I wondered if this one tipped the scales. We received at least 10" more of rain this storm than either of the past two springs but didn't have anything worse happen (actually may have been better).

Hope all is well.

There may be aliens in your area...watch out for crop circles :)

Questions,

just got plastered today. they are going to come back in about 4 hours and acid wash

I am assuming the acid wash will remove all these footprints that were made with those "spongey flip flops"?

foot%20prints_zpssikgk4by.jpg

We could not have been more lucky we stayed dry. The creek in our backyard came up but never reached our pool area.

the drains that my builder installed worked perfect.

only downside I have right now is I got the pool 100% filled the day before the floods. The electric was planned to be installed the following day but due to the floods it hasn't been installed so my new pool has been sitting with no circulation for almost a week.

I have a lot to be thankful of that the flood didn't devastate my family so I am going to be 100% patient as my PB's office was struck by the floods.

should I have any concerns about no circularion? My PB told me to throw some shock in the pool today (first chemicals introduced as the rain just stopped). He said as long as I brush the pooo real good after putting the shock in that it should be fine that it's getting shocked without circulation.

are there any serious concerns with having no circulation and having stonescapes plaster?

giving the gravity of what has happened in Houston I want to be as patient as absolutely possible. So I am hoping that no circulation will not damage my finish it will just take alittle longer to get the water balanced

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.