Magnetic Speedstir Question

Aleila

Mar 19, 2018
South Florida
When you perform the Calcium Hardness Test, do you swirl as you drop when adding R-0012 one drop at a time of until the color changes to blue?

I am asking because the color changes more quickly when I stir as I drop and I want to make sure I am getting an accurate test result.

The Calcium Hardness Test is the only TF100 Test that doesn’t mention “swirling as you drop,” on the direction card but I wanted to check here with the experts.

Thanks

Last edited:
When you perform the Calcium Hardness Test, do you swirl as you drop when adding R-0012 one drop at a time of until the color changes to blue?
Yes, because I use a speedstir so it's swirling constantly. My CH readings dropped 200 ppm just by switching to the speedstir. Also, when it seems stalled at maroon, another cycle will usually push it back to pink or ahead to blue. No way would I have the patience or the wrist endurance to do another 100 swirls. I'd just give it another drop.

Reactions: Aleila
Yes, because I use a speedstir so it's swirling constantly. My CH readings dropped 200 ppm just by switching to the speedstir. Also, when it seems stalled at maroon, another cycle will usually push it back to pink or ahead to blue. No way would I have the patience or the wrist endurance to do another 100 swirls. I'd just give it another drop.
Thanks Richard, I don’t think I’ll ever stop learning new information on this site. I also see why the speedstir is so highly recommended.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.