"Magenta stuff" Given by PB to Add in New Plastered Pool Fill

Neto

Jun 10, 2019
Puerto Rico
Hello everyone!

I am in the final phases of my pool (18k gal), next week, the plaster crew will arrive and I was given two bottles of "Jack's Magic Magenta Stuff" so I can add 1 entire bottle during initial fill-up, 1/2 bottle after one week and the other 1/2 bottle after an additional week. When I asked the PM about adding conditioner (CYA) and calcium during startup he was lost, he didnt even know what CYA was so I am a little skeptical to add these.

The question is, should I?

your PB should arrange a professional start up

my water was done filling monday evening and i have a pebble finish

pool start up guy showed up 8am tuesday

he got the pumps turned on
initial brushing of pool
added an entire bottle of sequestering agent (what your magic magenta appears to be)
added a bunch of calcium flakes

i did nothing but watch

plaster start up is critical to long term health of pool.

I'd contact PB and confirm exactly what should be happening

The Jack's Magic Magenta Stuff is a sequestrant agent for metals and to prevent staining. It is ok to use if you suspect the fill water has metals. Your PB may know about the local water.

your PB should arrange a professional start up

my water was done filling monday evening and i have a pebble finish

pool start up guy showed up 8am tuesday

he got the pumps turned on
initial brushing of pool
added an entire bottle of sequestering agent (what your magic magenta appears to be)
added a bunch of calcium flakes

i did nothing but watch

plaster start up is critical to long term health of pool.

I'd contact PB and confirm exactly what should be happening
That sounds like an awesome PB... however that is not the case with my PB and they are a national builder (A&S).... The PM said that the pool will have enough calcium on the plaster and that I didn't need to add anything... He clearly lacks knowledge on this..... he doesn't even know what CYA is... There will be a "professional" for the startup after plaster but I dont know if he will come 1 day after or 5, with this branch there has been lots of surprises and I dont trust them.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: NorCalX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.