easy-e

Feb 20, 2018
Monmouth County, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I've been battling an issue with DE going back into my pool from the returns.

I replaced the grids, manifold and stand pipe O-ring. I inspected the stand pipe itself carefully.

When I tried adding DE after this, same result. Clouds of white from the returns.

I decided to try the spider gasket next. I opened up the MPV and found the gasket was apparently glued in, and seems nearly impossible to remove. I spent about an hour hacking away it, careful not to damage the channel, using a flathead pliers and drywall knife. Probably one of the most frustrating tasks I've ever undertaken. Even the parts where I do make progress, the channel is still full of gasket material.

I decided to just order a new MPV but it won't be here for a few days,. Problem is, now I have a pump that I can't run because I screwed up the gasket.

Any suggestions? I'm skimming and letting the robot run as much as possible (no filters in - gets clogged with DE in the pool).

I'm so discouraging by this whole process. This pool has been nothing but stress and all I have to show for it is a unusable tub full of DE material.

It'll be fine for a few days just add chlorine manually, check your levels, and run your robot once every couple days to keep things circulated.

It'll be fine for a few days just add chlorine manually, check your levels, and run your robot once every couple days to keep things circulated.
Thanks. Of course we got a big storm last night which knocked a ton of junk into the pool. Skimmed all that out and I'm running the 'bot. Pollen is also crazy here right now, so that's my biggest concern as I can't really skim that out.

Keep in mind all your filter does is provide a convenient location to store the waste it collects in your pool. Cartridge filter users keep this waste in for months at a time (I keep it in all season). Correct water parameters are what keeps your water clear and sanitary, not the removal of particulate matter in the water column.

Keep in mind all your filter does is provide a convenient location to store the waste it collects in your pool. Cartridge filter users keep this waste in for months at a time (I keep it in all season). Correct water parameters are what keeps your water clear and sanitary, not the removal of particulate matter in the water column.
Thank you. I'm tracking the FC/CC levels closely. And I got the pump up and running anyway so I have some piece of mind.

Now I've gotta figure out this leak issue

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.