Sep 30, 2018
Wichita KS
I've been on here for a while, just finally registered last year, but have been reading articles here for what seems like an eternity. Just wanted to say thank you to all the ridiculously smart people on here! I started my pool construction last October and it was finally completed in May of this year, and through what I've learned here, my pool is always clean and clear, and requires almost no maintenance aside from emptying skimmer basket (about 2 minutes every other day), hitting the start button on my robot (10 seconds), and checking chemistry with my TF-100 (about 5 minutes/day).
My pool isn't half as nice as some of the resort quality backyards I've seen on here, but its MINE.

So thank you again TFP for all your help along the way!

Attachments

• Gold Pebble.jpg
    Gold Pebble.jpg
    615.4 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: zea3
Thanks for finally posting, Kevin! That's one gorgeous pool, that's for sure.

I found TFP while researching the BBB method, because I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on chemicals. Seems we all come here because of similar reasons, or we have a problem the pool store is bankrupting us over.

Now you have to start contributing! ;)

My pool isn't half as nice as some of the resort quality backyards I've seen on here, but its MINE.

It’s all about the water first. We’ve all seen the “resort quality” pools with unhealthy water that you wouldn’t swim in, even on a dare. On the other hand, a temporary pool with well managed water can be a great swim.

That said, yours checks several boxes, nice pool!!

Thats the BEST kind of pool. Pretty pictures are nice for you to look at, but useless otherwise for you. We started with one of those blow up $40 pools. Upgraded when the kids got in kindergarten to a 10x10×10 blow up slide/ wading pool combo. And eventally put a big hole in the ground. At any stage the kids were wet and having squealing amounts of fun. A good friend with one income and 4 kids (we had 2 kids and 2 incomes) did an AG pool when i did my IG. They were over one day and he was kinda sad that my pool was 'nicer`. Told him to make no mistake that the kids got just as wet and had just as much fun in either of our yards.

It’s all about the water first. We’ve all seen the “resort quality” pools with unhealthy water that you wouldn’t swim in, even on a dare. On the other hand, a temporary pool with well managed water can be a great swim.

That said, yours checks several boxes, nice pool!!

Thank you that's a great point!

Nice looking pool! Are you going to grow vines up the trellis and onto the cords over the pool? Could be a fascinating way to provide a bit of cover.

Maddie :flower:
The trellis has some small Clematis right now but will fill in eventually. The overhead cables are the start to a retractable shade that i'm still working on, but im not sure if it will work out or not. I hadn't thought of growing anything vining on them! That could be an interesting way to achieve some shade!

Thats the BEST kind of pool. Pretty pictures are nice for you to look at, but useless otherwise for you. We started with one of those blow up $40 pools. Upgraded when the kids got in kindergarten to a 10x10×10 blow up slide/ wading pool combo. And eventally put a big hole in the ground. At any stage the kids were wet and having squealing amounts of fun. A good friend with one income and 4 kids (we had 2 kids and 2 incomes) did an AG pool when i did my IG. They were over one day and he was kinda sad that my pool was 'nicer`. Told him to make no mistake that the kids got just as wet and had just as much fun in either of our yards.
I have found myself a little jealous of other pools from time to time, but I have to remind myself of exactly this. My wife and I have a 5 month old who already loves getting in the pool every night, and as long as we are making memories together that's the most important part!

Reactions: Newdude