Lower TA

May 18, 2014
Milford, CT
Trying to get my pool ready for the season....water is clear, chlorine levels are holding nicely (no algae)...problem is my other numbers are off. PH is 6.8. I already added borax to raise it with no effect. My TA If off the charts at 170. Looking to have it in the 60-80 range....pool math says to lower PH to 7.0 and aerate pool...being doing that for 24 hours no change.....I know I can use MA but am having trouble figuring out how much....any advice?!? Above ground, 24 ft round pool

Check your testing. It is really hard to have very low pH and high TA.

Use aeration to raise the pH. You do not need MA right now. When your pH reaches 8, then lower to 7.4 using MA to lower TA.

Your high TA does not affect anything in a vinyl AGP. Let your TA be wherever it goes.

Focus on your pH. Raise your pH by aeration into the 7's. When your pH gets to 8 then lower it using MA to 7.4. Your TA will adjust down as your pH adjusts down.

What is the pH and TA of your fill water?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.