lower my chlorine

Apr 14, 2013
South Jersey
I have cc and fc chlorine levels 14 or above. Pool opened and they put chlorine in🙄
How do I lower it? Turned SWG to lowest setting 20% I don’t have a bypass it is intellchlor swg besides draining the water, is there a eay to lower it? PH is 7.4 because it was 8 yesterday and I added acid. I used the Taylor test kit. Then I brought my water to the pool store because I thought my reading was wrong. Help

You can see from the FC/CYA Levels that a pool with a CYA of 40 could easily have an FC of up to 16 and still be safe for swimming. That's what it would be at for a SLAM Process to remove algae. You don't' appear to need a SLAM right now, so just leave the FC alone and it should drop as long as the SWG isn't producing any FC.

On a side note because of the elevated CC, if you have any doubt about algae, consider running an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to be sure. Hope that helps.

You can see from the FC/CYA Levels that a pool with a CYA of 40 could easily have an FC of up to 16 and still be safe for swimming. That's what it would be at for a SLAM Process to remove algae. You don't' appear to need a SLAM right now, so just leave the FC alone and it should drop as long as the SWG isn't producing any FC.

On a side note because of the elevated CC, if you have any doubt about algae, consider running an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to be sure. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• 150028F2-FF2A-4B66-8AB3-71663FD9BEE3.jpeg
    150028F2-FF2A-4B66-8AB3-71663FD9BEE3.jpeg
    529.4 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.