Low Water Jet Volume

Oct 6, 2018
Bay City, MI
For a while now I have noticed that one side of the hot tub has low water volume. It seem that it’s about 1/2 what the other side is. The left side is a single speed pump which seems fine and the right side is a two speed pump, which on high doesn’t seem to have the kick it did before. The tub isn’t even two years old so I would hope nothing is worn out yet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Are you sure all your valves are open/set right? On our tub we have a similar single/dual speed pump setup, but the outputs from each pump are further split to specific seats/jets using valves. For example, four of our seats are off the single speed pump, with the valve allowing moderate flow to all 4 seats or high flow to two of the seats and no flow to the other two.

Do you have one or two filters? Are they clean? If you take the filters out and run the pumps does the power come back to the jets?

I just checked the gate valves and all are wide open with the plastic retainer in place to keep them open. My tub has one filter and it is brand new, no difference with this filter vs the old filter I replaced. No noticeable difference in volume with the filter removed vs being installed.

I think he meant diverter valves on the edge of the spa that divert water to various jets or seats. These are often left in a mid-way position so all jets move water, but will push at half pressure.
Also, each jet is individually adjustable by turning the face of the jet. These could be out of adjustment.
Air controls that mix air into the water make the jets feel more powerful.

Reactions: jseyfert3
You could have an obstruction. You would be amazed at some of the things I have pulled out of pumps with filters and covers blocking the intakes. Do you use a mineral stick in your filter? Those can be sucked down a pipe sometimes.
What brand and year is it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.