Low water in AGP after winterizing

Flyer

Silver Supporter
Apr 5, 2016
Dayton, OH
I winterized my pool and let water go out both the skimmer and the water inlet so it was fairly low. I put the cover on and now there's maybe 1 ft of water in the pool. I'm assuming there must be a leak somewhere in the liner. I'm concerned with that little water that the walls might collapse. Any thoughts? I could try adding water but there's no reason why it have gone down that low so it must be leaking but it wasn't all summer. I'm baffled!

Let it go until it stops to greatly narrow down where the leak is. Once fixed, fill it back up for the winter.

but there's no reason why it have gone down that low so it must be leaking but it wasn't all summer.
That is one heck of a coincidence. ? I suspect the water is pretty cold about now. Do you really need to cover? Without water, the tension may contribute to wall collapse (pulled inwards). Also, if most leaves are gone, just leave open and let the occasional rain/show add some water back for you until you can find the leak.

Most of the country had a very wet spring/summer. A half inch loss per day in any of those places would have been impossible to tell. On any given week that had less rain, an inch or two loss would have been chalked up to evaporation. I think I added a few inches once and drained a few inches 6 times his summer. As soon as the cover went on, there is no more water being added so now the leak is evident.

Maybe it did have a slow leak all year. I figure the leak must be on the sidewall near the level the water settled at. I added some water and will monitor how much it goes down over time. Any ways to detect where the leak is?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.