Bronze Supporter
Sep 7, 2020
Bay Area, CA
FC: 5
pH: 7.8
TA: 50
CH: 390
CYA: 40

So my TA is on the lower side and has seemingly slowly decreasing over time. However my pH is more stable than it's been since having the pool replastered about a year ago. I've added just under a gallon of acid since the 1st of the month. I've been dropping the pH down to about 7.5 after it gets up to around 7.8-7.9. Up until about a month ago I was adding about 24-30 ounces of acid every 2 days to keep it within that range. I'm wondering whether or not I should worry about adding baking soda soon to raise my TA since my pH seems to be more stable than I have experienced since the replaster?

Let your pH rise to 8 and see if it stays there. If you do add any baking soda, only take the TA to 70 at most. But I would not do that unless TA goes to 40 ppm. With your lower CYA, the bulk of your TA is carbonate alkalinity, so you can stay at the lower level. And letting the pH sit a bit higher may make this a stable system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.