Low salt reading on GoldLine Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator with T-15

look30

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Mar 22, 2018
San Jose/CA
So I cleaned the cell because was working for more than 3 months now, before cleaning salt level shown was 3100 after using garden hose to spray some debris in the cell and reattaching the salt level is 2.80. I tried to get a new reading but no luck. Power and Generating lights are on . PCB is r1.59 , the whole system was replaced last year under home warranty , the cell itself was a refurbed cell not new, everything seemed to work fine until the cleaning.
Any taught on what is going on ?

3100 vs 2800 is within the margin of testing error which is +/- 500 ppm.

You need to get the K-1766 Taylor Salt Test to validate actual salt level versus cell calculated level. When a cell begins failing it gives erroneous salt levels.

Update :
I took the cell to Leslie's and cell is fine , generating so it passed their test. When I came back I was planint to do an acid wash so started the pump without the cell , added the threaded pipe , and surprise surprise the SWG system shows same reading like when the cell was attached and shows generating . Weird. Is there any test I can do to figure out is the PCB is toasted ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.