Low salt error

Jun 28, 2015
Lexington, SC
I have an index swg. At the beginning of the season I put in the amount of salt the manual says and then I added more to bring the salt up to 200 above the recommended amount (it measured 3300). In past years that has always carried me the entire season. But we've had a lot of rain so when my system read low salt I figured it was from all the extra water and I tested it. It came back at 2800 so I figured just bordering on too low since the manual wants 3000. So I figured just a little drop like that was definitely the rain. I used pool math and it said 20 lbs would bring it up to 3200. I put that in and still got a low salt reading so dh added the other half of the bag. I was certain that would end in high salt but I'm still getting a low salt reading so I remeasured and got 3700 which sounds right based on how much salt we added from 2800.

We tried cleaning the swg but still having issues. It's only a year old as we had the peer supply go bad last year and it was still under warranty so they replaced the whole thing. Any idea why it could read low salt?

6000 gallon vinyl above ground Intex pool

Try turning it off for a while then re-booting it. It might be confused if you had it running while adding all that salt to the water. We always advise new SWG folks to let the salt dissolve and mix in for a day or two before booting up the device. Perhaps even adding more salt to the water is best to do the same.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.