Low pressure in pump filter

GMTK

Bronze Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
San Antonio
Hot tub is connected to the pool. Last few days, after using the hot tub, I noticed the waterfall from the hot tub to the pool that runs when pump is on high speed has looked weak. Cleaned baskets, cleaned filters, water level is good. Maybe a clog in a pipe from the skimmers to the pump?

Also - for the input to the main pump, there is a pipe from the pool and a pipe from the hot tub, so 2 inputs. When in the "pool" setting only the input from the pool is being used (lever shows "off" for spa input); should both the hot tub and pool inputs be used when in the pool setting? I switched it to spa and the lever moved to the spa input, closing off the pool input.

Try running your pool without the cartridge in your filter.

Pump suction comes from pool or spa. Never both.

Removed all 4 cartridges - no change. Running on high speed at 5 psi and I can tell when I open the relief air valve on top of the filter housing that it's not blowing out water like it used to. Clogged return pipe(s) possibly? Any other things I should try?

The last 3 weeks have been hel! down here with all the junk from the trees getting in the pool.

Check the impeller for clogs. Reach in past the pump basket and feel for any debris.

img_1446-jpg.474680

Reactions: 1poolman1