Low ph, acidity, and calcium hardness.

schlud

Jun 26, 2016
Sterling Heights
We opened our pool a couple weeks ago, filled it, added salt, and have the chlorine maintained. However, the other 3 levels never seem to go up. I didn't do a slam process Per say because the first time I added bleach to get it to a 12 it stayed there over night. It now stays up with the salt water chlorinator. I clearly had it up to high and have turned it down to maintain a lower level. I will test again tonight. I know I need to order the recommended test kit, but sadly it isn't in the budget this week... But it will be soon. I want to be able to let my kids swim, but i need to know how to take care of the other levels to make it ok to swim. We're in Michigan, so it finally is getting warm enough.
Thank you!
524e37d1c98078888d25cbed06e4134b.jpg

Intex ultra frame 16x48. 2nd year
NEW Intex Sand Filter 3000 GPH
NEW Intex SWG (7000)

We opened our pool a couple weeks ago, filled it, added salt, and have the chlorine maintained. However, the other 3 levels never seem to go up. I didn't do a slam process Per say because the first time I added bleach to get it to a 12 it stayed there over night. It now stays up with the salt water chlorinator. I clearly had it up to high and have turned it down to maintain a lower level. I will test again tonight. I know I need to order the recommended test kit, but sadly it isn't in the budget this week... But it will be soon. I want to be able to let my kids swim, but i need to know how to take care of the other levels to make it ok to swim. We're in Michigan, so it finally is getting warm enough.
Thank you!
524e37d1c98078888d25cbed06e4134b.jpg

NEW Intex SWG (7000)
I should also add that the pool is crystal clear.

NEW Intex SWG (7000)

Welcome!
With the caveat that 'Guess Strips' are not very good - your pH could go up a bit (get it to 7.4 or so - use Pool Math to determine how much acid to add).
You say nothing about CYA. Need to have that at 60 or so for your SWCG. You really need a proper test kit very soon to get everything in order! The TA and CH are fine for now.
Otherwise - go swimming!

Thank you! Yes I will be ordering it very soon! I added enough stabilizer to get it to a 50 reading. I had probably about 2 feet of water in the pool from last year and at they point the stabilizer was in the normal range, tested from the pool store (I know better now). So it was a guess, but i would rather it be low and add more than have it be too high. Since the chlorine is holding, I hope it means the ca is ok. But yes, I totally agree I need the test kit to know for sure. I just wanted to see what the input would be on swimming with the other levels low. I'll look on the pool math page to fix the ph.

NEW Intex SWG (7000)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.