Dallas, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
Posted in another thread that my impeller broke on my Century Centurion pump. I was able to successfully replace with a used spare part from a friend that seemingly fit well and looked like the original.

After that, I re-attached the pump to the impeller housing, lubed everything with Magic Lube (including strainer basket cover), and put the seals back in. Lubed the drain plugs on strainer and pump then screwed them back in. I also pulled apart my DE filter and completely cleaned it, which had not been done in years. Cleaned all filter baskets, brushed around the drains, and opened all intake valves. Also tried closing off valves to isolate intakes.

Now the pump will not fully prime (if this is the correct description). I get about 20% flow in to the strainer basket that I can see through the lid, but nothing beyond that.

Reading on forums, I suspect a significant air leak somewhere. I have 2 Jandy valves that control intake between the pool strainers, spa drain, and pool drain. I noticed on the side of the valves (on the 4th side away from the other 3 connections), there is a small hole that appears to be plugged with black rubber. I put my finger over this hole and I think I can feel a very slight vacuum when the pump is running. I tried blocking the hole with waterproof tape, but it had no effect.

Posting various photos of my setup. Note that I do have a SWG installed now, which is not shown in these older photos. No other changes.

What else could it possibly be at this point?

Attachments

• IMG_1568.jpg
    IMG_1568.jpg
    955.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1571.jpg
    IMG_1571.jpg
    711.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2419.jpg
    IMG_2419.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 3
Yes, these valves are at least 11 years old, installed when I bought the house. The valve in the photo never had the cup attached, so I never even knew it was a potential opening.

Anyway, pump has been shut down for about 2 weeks now from these issues and pool has become a new thriving ecosystem by itself. I need to get this pump running or something may evolve out of it.

Anything to help me get the pump back to full pressure is appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.