Low cya should I switch to tablets?

Renee1

Jun 6, 2016
Jackson, NJ
I have been very successful for a few years following this websites advice …thanks !!
We originally found this site because our cya was very high and I haven’t used tablets in years and only use liquid chlorine now.

My cya is now very low and I’m wondering if it’s smart to switch back to tabs for the summer ? Is there any other benefit to doing the liquid like it’s less expensive ? ( tablet prices are through the roof). If you guys recommend liquid instead I can just add stabilizer correct ?

Thanks so much

I have been very successful for a few years following this websites advice …thanks !!
We originally found this site because our cya was very high and I haven’t used tablets in years and only use liquid chlorine now.

My cya is now very low and I’m wondering if it’s smart to switch back to tabs for the summer ? Is there any other benefit to doing the liquid like it’s less expensive ? ( tablet prices are through the roof). If you guys recommend liquid instead I can just add stabilizer correct ?

Thanks so much
No problem using trichlor tablets as long as you monitor CYA levels. Trichlor is acidic, so monitor pH and TA levels as well. They may save you some money if your pool requires frequent muriatic acid doses. They are imprecise in the amount of time they take to dissolve.

When using the "Effects of Adding..." calculations in Pool Math, each tablet contains 8 ounces of trichlor. Use a floater or dispenser. Don't leave them in the skimmer and don't allow them to sit on the vinyl surface.

If you have leftover tabs from before, there's no harm really. But check prices if your are talking about buying new chemicals. Besides adding stabilizer that you need, remember pucks are acidic and can lower your pH, so keep an eye on that as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.