pH: 7.6
TA: 75
CH: 50
CYA: 60
Salt: 3200
Borates: 0
Temp: 85
CSI: -1.02

Fill water is from a well and is low calcium, high pH and TA. Have been fighting to get the TA down and to get the pH to stabilize. It has finally stabilized after a couple of months at the above values. I have a pool with an AquaBright finish and a traditional tile line. Should I now add calcium to get the CSI to -.6 or above or does it matter since the AquaBright acts like a vinyl/fiberglass pool? My PB stated chemistry will not affect the warranty on the finish since it is chemically inert.

The Aquabright might not matter for the chemistry, but for your SWG and equipment you do need to control your CSI. Your pool wont care if you have 350CH and let the ph go up to 7.8, dont bring it down until it reaches 8 and add MA for 7.8 not lower. your CSI should be around -0.05

Felipe

If your water tile has cement based grout it would be wise to raise your CH a bit and keep your CSI less negative.

-0.58 is still low and outside TFP recommended parameters. It's your pool but you will still have more scaling on your swg. remember a csi closer to 0 is better or slightly negative. If you haven't downloaded the pool math app you should!

-0.58 is still low and outside TFP recommended parameters. It's your pool but you will still have more scaling on your swg. remember a csi closer to 0 is better or slightly negative. If you haven't downloaded the pool math app you should!

I definitely have the pool math app, and I agree everyone should have it! My impression from this site is that -0.6 to 0.6 (with -0.6 to 0 being ideal for SWG) is within range for CSI so -0.58 would be withing that range. Low CSI could cause damage to my grout line by absorbing calcium, but a negative CSI will not cause scaling (which is what I'm actually much more concerned about since I have a SWG). I will almost certainly continue to raise CH close to 300, especially as the water will be getting colder, but I like initial target CH of 200 and then slowly bump it up unless something in this post is incorrect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.