Antioch, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello. Am a bit frustrated with my pool water balance. My current chemical #s are

Salt level 3400
3.5 ppm FC
.5 ppm TC
32 ppm CYA
TA 150 ppm
PH between 7.8 and 8.0
CH 100 ppm

I have added the amounts of Muriatic acid indicated by the drops test 3 times now and PH and TA still remain high. Pool is 28k gallons so had to do some math to determine how much to add as the booklet jumps from 20k gallons to 50k gallons but it wasn't difficult to figure out how much to add. Ever since I started adding the acid my hair dries crackly stiff and clumped together after swimming which it never did before. Am already into the 2nd gallon of Muriatic acid but seeing little improvement in TA and PH.

My pool is fiberglass layered over an old vinyl liner and I know my CH is supposed to be much higher in a fiberglass pool. Does the low CH have anything to do with the TA and PH being so stubborn to bring down??

How are you testing your water chemistry?
TA will come down as you lower pH from 8 to 7.4. Once your TA settles in the 70-80 range, only lower your pH to 7.6
What is your fill water TA and CH?

CH level does not effect pH and TA. If you wish to raise your CH, add some calcium chloride.

I am concerned with the hair issue. Be sure you are getting accurate test results.

How are you testing your water chemistry?
TA will come down as you lower pH from 8 to 7.4. Once your TA settles in the 70-80 range, only lower your pH to 7.6
What is your fill water TA and CH?

CH level does not effect pH and TA. If you wish to raise your CH, add some calcium chloride.

I am concerned with the hair issue. Be sure you are getting accurate test results.
My fill water is:
TA 75
PH is over 8 but oddly only takes one drop of R-0005 acid demand reagent to drop it to 7.4
CH 50

Thank you. So do add some calcium chloride. Target 200 ppm as your fill water will add some over time.

What is your Location? Can you add that to your profile?

Thank you. So do add some calcium chloride. Target 200 ppm as your fill water will add some over time.

What is your Location? Can you add that to your profile?
Am in Antioch, CA. It used to be in my profile but I will put it back since it clearly isn't any more :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.