Chicago, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I've noticed that my gfci was tripped once or twice after heavy rains. Figured it got a little moisture so have just reset it and gone on my way without issues.

However, when I reset it Saturday it just tripped again immediately. Tried unplugging pump, and the reset works and then as soon as I plug in the pump it trips.

I tried plugging other items into the outlet with no issue, but my pump was still tripping it as of this morning.

So, conclusion is that my pump is getting wet internally somehow? Is that right? I bought this pump on super sale about 5 years ago, not expecting it to last this long given the low low price.

After a full day of warm weather I am all dried out and running again. At this point, I am likely closing within the week, but given this issue, is it just time for a new pump for next season or are there some potential easy/simple fixes for this? This pump was $120 brand new and has lasted 7 pool seasons for me, so it has already surpassed my expectations. But, if there are a few simple things I can inspect, I will give it a shot.

After a full day of warm weather I am all dried out and running again. At this point, I am likely closing within the week, but given this issue, is it just time for a new pump for next season or are there some potential easy/simple fixes for this? This pump was $120 brand new and has lasted 7 pool seasons for me, so it has already surpassed my expectations. But, if there are a few simple things I can inspect, I will give it a shot.
Are you using an extension cord ?

No extension cord, just a standard plug into a GFCI outlet.

Are there any usual suspects for moisture getting in the pump that I should look at first?

No extension cord, just a standard plug into a GFCI outlet.

Are there any usual suspects for moisture getting in the pump that I should look at first?

Could be moisture and corrosion in the GFCI outlet. They often need replacement eventually.

Reactions: wireform
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.