Lost my sparkle..

That was a beautiful sparkle in those pics. It didn't get that way by accident. So stick with what you know. Take time to digest all the advice given above and don't feel like you need to change too much at any one time. I'm sure you'll get it back with consistency and perhaps some small adjustments or process of elimination. Have a great day!

In the less sparkly picture the water looks very calm. Some movement in the water will increase the "sparklyness". I suppose you've noticed the difference even when there is more water movement. Just call me Captain Obvious. I can't imagine your water getting any cleaner.

My parents pool that I took care of as a kid I added a bag of Black Beauty sand on top of the regular pool sand in the filter. Not sure if you can still buy it but it helped.

I paid my kids $20 each and a Starbucks to swim all day. Keep that water moving I told them LOL

Truthfully, I think the water looks better today.

I would think the pool company would use pool sand but I am going to call my pool guy on his bat phone tomorrow and ask.

Ask fit the exact product name and the quantity they put in.

Will do and report back.

Paid the kids to stir-up the water. I like your thinking. :goodjob: I do the same thing.

I knew I liked you from your posts :)

LOL Sorry kids you HAVE to swim in the pool! No swimming or no supper LOL

Kim

I know the way to my kids hearts LOL. The whole family swam today and stirred the water up good. My PSI has only gone up 1 with the cup of DE but it is early yet. The backwash will need to happen at bedtime. I have been there too many times!

I really miss my Nemo (Z5) but he is banned from my pool and this whole vacuuming thing just doesn't cut it. I believe not having a robot and no DE has really made a difference and not in a good way.

Here is a photo I just took.

9eebeede16226d8bf87e1aaf7ea726e6.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your pool appears perfectly clean in all the non-sparkly pictures. I don't think you have any problem at all. The water movement (waves) and reflection angle of the sunlight could definitely cause a difference in the appearance of "sparkle". I think you are in fine shape and worrying too much. All pictures look perfect to me. Now get in and swim some.

Beautiful pool, Chrissy.
My hunch is the difference is the robot.
With the "fine" cartridge, the robot was polishing water down to 5 micron, according to the literature I've read. Sand filters I believe get to 30 microns, I think.

So a robot creates the "level" of filtration you might otherwise only get with a DE filter.

My hunch is once you get a new robot, you'll get the sparkle you're accustomed to ;)

Thanks everyone for the laughs and compliments. I am so inspired by all the photos and stories of great pools I see on this forum and want to keep up with the big kids:)

Ask fit the exact product name and the quantity they put in.

I talked to my pool guy. He put 200 pounds of sand in and they use Seagull brand sand.

Beautiful pool, Chrissy.
My hunch is the difference is the robot.
With the "fine" cartridge, the robot was polishing water down to 5 micron, according to the literature I've read. Sand filters I believe get to 30 microns, I think.

So a robot creates the "level" of filtration you might otherwise only get with a DE filter.

My hunch is once you get a new robot, you'll get the sparkle you're accustomed to ;)

I've noticed that my pool looses that extra sparkle when the robot isn't run regularly. I think the extra circulation boost is what helps in my situation.

I also think the robot helps. The stupid vacuum and I don't get along to well. It is a perfect episode of Lucy and Ethel do the pool when I am trying to use it. I charged up my DustBuster and I am going back to that until I get this robot thing figured out.

Why is Nemo banned? I am not sure I could do without my Wanda. She saves me so much work!

Kim

Nemo didn't like my pool. Other than that I cannot say anymore at this time, sorry.

Update:
I got 19 hours on one cup of DE. I had to backwash a little bit ago. I added two cups of DE since I am off today and tomorrow. I figured I would go full boat since I am around to keep an eye on things.

I tried to get a good picture of the haze last night but it just wouldn't cooperate. I did see a difference though not a big one but a definite difference.

The pool is looking a lot better today though. I am seeing some sparkle again!

Picture from this morning:)
a7ea1844a994831b4d5641e679d5d85c.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.