timmco

Apr 12, 2021
North Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm a new pool owner and just got my TF PRO w/smart stir test kit today and decided to test the water for the first time. I was testing CH and lost count at 200 drops!! So I tested again with the same result! and it still wasn't blue! I then tested my hose water to see if I could get a different result and it turned blue at 5 drops. I tired to be as accurate as possible and used the smart stir.
The water tested by a pool store last week and they said the CH was 512.
Is it possible that I did the test wrong? Did I get bad drops? Which test should I trust?

Last edited:
I assume you are using a TF100. Do you have a Smartstir?

In the directions I linked, follow the metals interference process. Do the sample dilution method if necessary.

Clear - that is a new one. How many drops of R0011L did you use?

What are your other chemistry parameters?

To reiterate, try the interference method. You add a few drops of 12 first (but still count them in your total).

I also find the light on the speed stir helpful for the CH test.

Reactions: timmco
Make a sample of 2 parts distilled water and 1 part pool water and then test the sample for calcium using the interference test.

Post the steps that you use including the calculations.

Reactions: timmco
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.