Lost Beginner

Kellie

Jun 24, 2019
North Eastern Nevada
Hi, I set up my pool last night. It was looking good when I went to bed and this morning the sides looked like this. Do I keep filling or do I need to drain part of it and fix something? It's about 1/2 full. (my signature may not show so... it's an Intex 16x32x56" AG with sand filter pump Model SF70110-1)

Second question, what do I need to make it a salt water pool?

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20190624_075200.jpg
    20190624_075200.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 64
Yes you need to fill the pool to spec levels. First you need to read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry, so you will understand how chemistry works on the pool and how to maintain it. Order a test kitTest Kits Compared. For now you will need to add at least 4 ppm of Chlorine per day and CYA of 30ppm. Download the PoolMath app, this will help you manage your chemistry better. I would wait on the salt water until you get the hang of it, probably 1 or 2 months. Remember the only Chemicals you need is bleach, muriatic acid and Cyanuric acid.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Hopefully the additional water will push those sides out to make everything straight. Definately make sure to have a TF-100 (or Taylor K-21006C) test kit in-hand as soon as possible to keep that new water clear and sanitary. Good luck!

Yes you need to fill the pool to spec levels. First you need to read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry, so you will understand how chemistry works on the pool and how to maintain it. Order a test kitTest Kits Compared. For now you will need to add at least 4 ppm of Chlorine per day and CYA of 30ppm. Download the PoolMath app, this will help you manage your chemistry better. I would wait on the salt water until you get the hang of it, probably 1 or 2 months. Remember the only Chemicals you need is bleach, muriatic acid and Cyanuric acid.

I have to order my supplies online, do you have brands you recommend of the chemicals?

It will be difficult to get bleach delivered. I assume you have access to some kind of market?

I have to order my supplies online, do you have brands you recommend of the chemicals?
Here is a very brief rundown of suggested chemicals for an above ground pool (from an above ground pool owner)::
  • TFTestkits.com = TF-100 test kit set (best deal on complete set of test kits you need) highly recommended to spring for the speedstir, it makes testing (and getting accurate results) SO much easier!
    • PoolMath = used for all additions of anything to the pool!
    • FC/CYA Levels = how much chlorine you should have vs CYA level
  • If you have a Walmart or even grocery store nearby, you can get everything you need there.
    • Bleach (aka Liquid Chlorine) 6%, through 10%-12%
    • Baking Soda for Alkalinity raising or Washing Soda for quick PH raising
    • Muriatic Acid (if your PH stays to high)
    • Stabilizer (cyanuric acid) to protect the chlorine in the pool from the sun's UV (you'll only need a small amount of this once a year or each time your pool drains)
      • And that is really all the chemicals you need for a TFP pool!
  • Some sort of vacuum... if you don't already have one!
  • A pool scrub/wall brush... if you don't already have one!
  • A skimmer net on pole... if you don't already have one!
Be sure to take a quick look through Pool School, it will provide some thorough answers to any questions you might have as well :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.