Lossing chlorine

Lizzard6975

May 6, 2019
Mesa Az
Last night at 9 pm I brought my chlorine to an 8.5 and did an overnight test. At 6 am this morning I was at an 8. So I should be fine but tonight at 7 pm I tested and dropped to a 2. Mind you it was 115° today. Is this pretty normal to lose that much throughout the day or should I look at underline problem? I have had no problems until last couple of days.

My CYA is at 40
Okay, that's not the problem. 40 is good.
And yes, today was a scorcher. I know I am using more chlorine (I deal with it in a different way) but I know that my chlorine consumption has increased last couple of days based on my testing.

Keep an eye on it (5-7ppm) and add more chlorine as necessary. As long as your CC's are acceptable, it's probably just this increase in our temps and also an increase of swimmers will also use up your chlorine quicker.
r.

Okay, that's not the problem. 40 is good.
And yes, today was a scorcher. I know I am using more chlorine (I deal with it in a different way) but I know that my chlorine consumption has increased last couple of days based on my testing.

Keep an eye on it (5-7ppm) and add more chlorine as necessary. As long as your CC's are acceptable, it's probably just this increase in our temps and also an increase of swimmers will also use up your chlorine quicker.
r.
Awesome. Thanks for your help. My CC is good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.