Losing water out of the backwash pipe...

tjy23

Hey y'all,

I have slowly been losing water out of my backwash pipe. I understand that this could be a problem with the spider gasket in the multiport valve. I took it apart today. I noticed that there is a small chip in the plastic inside the multiport valve (I have circled it in red in the picture below). Do you think that I need to replace the entire multiport valve because of this? Or can simply putting a new spider gasket in possibly solve this problem?

Thank you!
IMG_6804.jpg

Hi and welcome to TFP! I would just replace the gasket to start with. 9 times out of 10 that works. When you do get the new gasket installed make it a habit to only turn the handle in one direction. This helps the gasket last longer. I turn mine clockwise. I even used a white paint pen to draw an arrow to remind myself and any others that might do something with the equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.