Losing my mind

I opened the pool after it been closed all winter. Balanced, shocked, changed filters, brushed vacuumed. It had tadpoles, blood worms, other stuff. I finally have it where the pool it a pretty blue when i vacuum and get hardly anything. Ive checking and balancing the pool every day. I slammed the pool. Got the tc to above 10 stayed there for over and hour. I stayed high all night. This is the levels a few mins ago.
Th 100
Tc 3
Fc 3
Ph 7.2
Ta 100
Cya 0 i know i need to add stabilizer

But my pool is still cloudy i can see almost to the bottom but cloudy

Please help me

Attachments

• 20190523_110544_1558624084605.jpg
    20190523_110544_1558624084605.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20190523_110546_1558624086321.jpg
    20190523_110546_1558624086321.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20190523_110542_1558624088143.jpg
    20190523_110542_1558624088143.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 22
Welcome! :wave: I have some questions for you now: :)
1 - What test kit are you using? Can you add it to your signature please?
2 - Was the ladder in the pool all winter as well?
3 - What product(s) do you use to chlorinate?
4 - Did you do a pre-closing SLAM Process or use an algaecide at closing?

its not a great test but with this website and the test strips i did really well with the pool last year. i had a pool a few years before and did horrible this website helped alot last year and so far this year. i did put a closing product into the pool i got at lowes. it was not in the best shape when put the cover on it, but the cover slip down durning the winter and stuff got into the pool. the cover was thrown away. im using the 10% pool chlorine at walmart.

A SLAM is not a one time addition of x amount of chlorine. You have to repeat that as often as possible because the algae is actively chewing thru your chlorine. So you re-test with a reliable kit and re-dose with chlorine to keep it at your SLAM level.

I hear ya. However I'm afraid you're going to get frustrated if you don't have the proper tool - in this case a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C. See Test Kits Compared. You need one of those to perform the SLAM Process properly. I would also try to remove that ladder. It's very possible it has algae in the poles. You can flush the poles out, let them dry, and even inject some chlorine directly into the poles to kill anything in them.

As for the chlorine you did last night, that's good, but for our TFP-purposes, it's not the entire "SLAM" process. If you just hit it hard one evening with chlorine, the cloudiness will come back because the algae was never completely killed. You also have those tiny Intex filters that require a decent amount of rinsing. I know, I had that at one time. But you really need one of those test kits so you can get exact test results and maintain the proper FC level. It will help you all season long. As you already know, you need some stabilizer for a CYA goal of at least 30. So use the PoolMath to help you with that.

Adding CYA:
To increase CYA via granular stabilizer, place the required amount as calculated by the Poolmath calculator into a white sock and place in the poolside skimmer basket. For those concerned about suction flow to the pump, suspending the sock near a return jet or from a floating device will also suffice. Best never to allow undissolved granules to rest directly against the pool surface. Squeeze the sock periodically to help it dissipate. Once dissolved, consider your CYA adjusted to that programmed (target) level. CYA test readings should show a rise in 24-48 hours, however some pools may experience a longer delay to fully register. Best to confirm final CYA in about 5-7 days before adding any more stabilizer/conditioner.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The elevated FC won't hurt the paper cartridge filters. What you have to watch is the filter getting clogged from dirty water & algae as water passes through. You should have a pressure gauge on your filter that shows the pressure (psi). Once it grows by about 25% (which won't be much), it's time to rinse it off.

But how long do i need to keep fc high
Until you pass all 3 SLAM requirements. Take a look at the SLAM Process page. All of those passing requirements, tips, and ideas are listed on that page. Stick to that page and it will help you a lot.

Know that some swim ladders can hold water and allow algae to grow inside the hollow frame. Reinstalling the ladder can introduce algae to your pool water. Have a look at it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.