Losing FC too quick?

berddog123

Silver Supporter
Jun 3, 2017
Kansas City, MO
SW pool opened 3 wks ago. Water looks great. CYA 65. Water Temp mid 80’s. Salt at 3300. FC two mornings ago was 1.4. Added 3 gall bleach and bumped intellichor 30-36. That evening FC was 10.0. Next morn FC was 6. Bumped intellicholr 36-42. That eve FC was 3.0. Added 1 gall bleach. This morning 5.0. Tonight FC was 1.8. Vacuumed every night, filter is clean, skimmers cleaned 2x a day. What’s ur move? Keep bumpin intellichlor? Shock it? Has auto cover we keep closed unless using but lotsa flowering trees dropping now.

bd,

If you did not have an auto-cover, then you would have to run your cell at 100% for 11 hours to generate 3 ppm of chlorine... You did not say how long you are running your pump...

But with the cover closed, I would expect your FC usage would be 1 or 1.5 ppm per day...

At 30% output, even running for 12 hours only gives you about 1 ppm of FC...

Instead of starting your percentage low, you should start at 90 or 100% and then work down....

I also suspect because your FC was so low you now have an algae bloom... I would run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to confirm or not... Here is how.Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

If you fail the OCLT, you will need to do a full SLAM... SLAM Process

Thanks,

Jim R.

Awesome. Thanks for the insight everyone. I am running the pump around the clock. I'll check it when I get home but suspect I need to slam it. If it's close to where it was yesterday pm I'll just slam it, thought process being, even WITH the SWG running I lost 4 FC ppm overnight...and have been chasing it ever since.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.