Losing 1” of water per week!?

You can confirm a leak with the bucket test.

A few years ago, our brand new liner was leaking at the same rate as yours. I had the company who installed it come and do a leak test. After at least 2 hours they found it. A pin size opening where the side wall was fused to meet the bottom. It did not overlap enough in that one spot. After a long battle with the installer, up to the owner, with lots of pictures and explanations, They finally agreed and replaced the liner. It did take 2 years and several attempts to patch the hole.

Installer is being helpful. He came back out with a "Leaktronics" leak detection system. He couldn't find anything.
One possible theory is that in years past, I would winterize by draining the water way down below the returns. This year I used the aquadoor and elbows on the returns and kept the water level higher. I am also paying alot closer attention to water loss this winter. He's thinking there could be some water loss from the floor drain back to the pump that is not noticeable in the summer when the pump is running. So maybe this leak has always been there and I just never noticed it before. I don't know.

Leaktronics wont find the average leak in a leaky liner, better for piping. The only good way is to get in the pool amd check with a fine tooth comb. I had a snorkel with a 5ft tube for this purpose. New installs leak quite often usually due to gasket issues or bad stair cuts. A simple mistake of a dropped screwdriver or stepped on screw making a pinhole can leak lots of water in a week

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.