Loose pool anchors

Mintypool

May 28, 2019
NJ
I closed myself for the first time today. I previously had the pool company close last year and open this year. They used a power driver to tighten and loosen the brass pool anchors. Today when I went to loosen ( pull the anchor up) using a hand tool about half came out easily, 1/4 I had to really work and the other 10/4 the whole anchor fitting came out of the cement. I think they were tightened too much on opening.
1) To get the anchors out of fitting I haven’t tried spraying WD40 yet but if I can’t get the anchor to unscrew from the fitting what are other options?
2) how do you get the fitting to stay in place with n the concrete?
3) any experience going to a pool store after they messed something like this up? Since I did the closing myself do you think anything I say at this point they blame on me?

Replace the stuck anchors that don’t open.

I don’t expect you will get any satisfaction for what you claim the pool store did months ago at opening.

What type of surface are the anchors in?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.