Loop loc Mesh vs Solid

The local Loop Loc dealer was here over the weekend and when he saw all the boulders around the waterfall and around the back side of the pool, he asked if he could postpone the measuring as he wanted to bring out someone directly from Loop Loc to assist, to insure he got the measurements exactly as the company needs from him. He admitted the install was going to be very expensive. Not holding him to a firm quote, he said it could run between $4k-$5k for everything. And that would be with the super mesh. Isn't that supposed to be even cheaper than solid covers? Doesn't really seem in line with the $2200 that zimm is paying. I guess we'll see what they say with the actual quote.

Well mine is basically a rectangle with two flaps, one for the love seat, and another for the steps. The guys said they "only" took 45 measurements for the cover. A Complicated double kidney pool they did earlier took 160. Plus you need special anchors. Time is money, both for making the cover and doing a complicated install.... But get a couple quotes. Both my pool stores were within a few hundred, and it doesn't hurt to check.

Just wanted to do a quick follow-up on my mesh loop-loc cover I installed back in August 2010. I would not trade it in for any other cover, it was the best $850 spent on the pool. I believe it has paid for itself already and saved me lots of aggravation opening and closing my pool. The installation was easy using the correct tools and I have not had any issues with my anchors or springs at all. The cover goes on and comes off in less than an hour and the only thing I do differently is I open my pool a bit earlier and close it a bit later just to cya. I would highly recommend the loop-loc mesh safety cover.

:compress:

I am getting a quote on a loop-loc this week. I have no trees in my back yard but my neighbor has an Oak tree that over the years has provided some good shade in the summer and an sload of acorns and leaves in the fall and winter. I am sick of it. Forgoing a new heater to get this done. My pool is ruined from his tree.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.