Loop-Loc Aqua Extreme mesh

Poolecw

Apr 5, 2019
NW Ga
Does anyone have any direct experience with the aqua extreme mesh cover? I like the fact that the mesh is very dense and almost solid like, but is porous enough to allow water to drain in.

I am just curious if the 2X cost is worth it considering it only has a 15-year warranty wheras as most other mesh covers have a 20-year warranty.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably end up going with the the Loop Lock Aqua Xtreme but was a little concerned about the price of it compared to other mesh and solid covers on the market.
Yes, it’s more money. We have it, if your pool is big your going to need it. Even tho it’s strong and will not rip. The cover has one weakness. I was using a touch to kill the weeds around the pool bricks when the cover was on. I was 1 ft away from cover and the wind must of took the heat close to the cover and it melted the cover. I was shocked!!! It melted a hole. I couldn’t understand how a cover so strong burn so easy. It was like putting a flame to a thin balloon.

Yes, it’s more money. We have it, if your pool is big your going to need it. Even tho it’s strong and will not rip. The cover has one weakness. I was using a touch to kill the weeds around the pool bricks when the cover was on. I was 1 ft away from cover and the wind must of took the heat close to the cover and it melted the cover. I was shocked!!! It melted a hole. I couldn’t understand how a cover so strong burn so easy. It was like putting a flame to a thin balloon.

Not exactly sure which model I got, threw the paperwork out years ago, But it sure feels like some sort of Nylon. That stuff goes *poof* like the hairs on my finger when lighting the grill.

Reactions: Marty D
You had the same or something happened? I cut off a piece from my old fishing wadders and put 5200 on. It’s holding so far. My son & wife saw the patch before I took the cover off and they ask me what happened to our new cover ? I said. Dam squirrels!!!

Reactions: JessB412
I haven’t torched it but from the feel of the material I imagine it would go instantly. I do have a bunch of acorn holes. One year I unknowingly had a bunch that got under the cover at the coping. They all wore through over the winter. Now I check underneath it a few times in the off season.

Reactions: Marty D
The pricing I have gotten is basically the same as the Loop-Loc solid cover with drain pump. There are other super dense mesh options out there with better pricing. I am looking at a super dense meshes as well and will probably go with GLI promesh, or Pooltux king99 (latham) cover.

The pricing I have gotten is basically the same as the Loop-Loc solid cover with drain pump. There are other super dense mesh options out there with better pricing. I am looking at a super dense meshes as well and will probably go with GLI promesh, or Pooltux king99 (latham) cover.

Other dense mesh options such as....?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.