Looking to convert a 35000 gallon underground pool to salt water (newbie)

Pharmdrx

Aug 23, 2020
NJ
Hi guys, I’m looking for the best recommendation on what to shop around for to convert my pool to salt water. The pool is 35000 gallons, vinyl liner, sand filter. And also how much approximately am I looking at for this conversion. I’m located in central NJ (if there’s any pool guys here from the area).

Howdy DrX... welcome to the club. Start by filling out your signature. That way we know what you have to work with, so it follows each of your posts

And while you are in the wiki.. check out the SWG wiki articles. The first rule of thumb is to get one that is rated twice the capacity of your pool's volume. So for a 35K pool, you want some thing that will support close to 70K.. and the only think that is close is the CircuPool RJ60 and the Pentair IC-60. Next question is do you have an existing automation system.. or do you want automation? That will help decide between the two. Here is another place to look for info on SWGs, they have a nice chart that compares all of them:

Reactions: Mdragger88
P,

You really only have two choices, as we always recommend that the SWCG be at least 2 x the volume of the pool. The largest residential cell is 60K.. A 60K cell will work in your location.

Only two companies make a 60K cells... Pentair and CircuPool.. I am a big fan of Pentair products, but not their SWCG when used as a standalone unit. It works best with Pentair automation. That leaves the CircuPool unit, which is the cell I would use, if I did not have a Pentair automation system.

See this link to who most of our member have purchased from... Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features | DSP

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.