Tampa, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Live in Florida with enclosed pool. I've had a Navigator Pro for 5 + years. I'm looking for something to replace it. We now have a variable speed pump on our in ground 12,500 gallons. The Navigator works okay but I' done rebuilding it and at low speeds on the pump it has issues. I do skim and brush my pool manually once a week all year around more often during the season. I'm looking at the Hayward v-flex vs the Zodiac Elite 8. Both have rebates at this time. The pool store I go to said they see less repairs on the Zodiac. I only recently had to do a complete rebuild on the Navigator.

I'm not ready to go robotic. Suggestions?

With any suction side cleaner, you will need to run the pump at high rpm to get it to work reasonably well. Runni g at high rpm uses more electricity too. Might be time to reconsider that robot. Call Marina Pool in Colorado and ask them for a recommendation ona robot. Many members here have purchased thru them.

Well I do see that something like a Maytronics Solo 10 can save money without all the bells and whistles. But I also have a solar heater and need to run the pump at a given RPM on season to keep the system pressure up. So I'm running the pump anyway. My local dealer carries the Maytronics line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.