Looking into chlorine free options

Cruise Planner said:
I hear what you're saying about the chlorine levels in a private pool as opposed to a public pool. Makes sense. I'll talk to my sister-in-law about hers as I had the same problem in her pool - possible she keeps it too high. It's the only experience I've had with a private pool in the last 10 years. Funny how your body changes as you get old, because I never had any problems when I was younger. Wasn't until I hit about 50 that it started to affect me - red, itchy skin.

It honestly sounds like the opposite is true. Very very likely the chlorine levels weren't too high, rather too LOW. Likely there was little to no active chlorine in the water to kill off any algae or bacteria. With the proper chlorine/stabilization combo, and little to nothing growing in the water, skin issues are very rare.

I know she's against salt (but appears to be wavering), but with SWG you can run lower chlorine levels, and maintain chlorine at a very steady level. As stated above, it's the chloramines that are an issue, and you will almost only get those when something has gone wrong. A chlorine pool, especially one maintained by SWG, will have chlorine around the same as what comes out of your tap. :)

As I mentioned, so glad I found this site - full of wonderful information!! Being a newbie, it's always good to reach what others have to say who have alot more experience and education.

Now, the first step is to figure out which manufacturer to go with; viking or san juan. Leisure is not in the area where we're building. Once we get down there, we'll be going to both factories and getting as much information as possible so we can make an informed decision. But once that's done, then hopefully we'll already know what type of filter, swg, pump, etc, that we want to go with it.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.