Looking for someone who is parting out a Pentair/Maytronics Warrior SE / Prowler 920

yubbie2

Bronze Supporter
Apr 1, 2017
Houston, TX
Morning everyone

I have a Pentair Warrior SE pool cleaner (aka Maytronics 920 aka Prowler 920 aka 'Dory our robot pool cleaner'). She works fine, and has been living a comfortable life in and out of our new pool for the past almost 3 years.

The blue power cord is starting to break down in this horrible Houston heat and sun, and is leaving little blue flakes all over the surface of the water. This is more of an annoyance than anything, but I asked Pentair about a warranty replacement and they laughed and pointed me to a $213 new cable. Mind you, the entire robot was $699.

From past pool robots I know they tend to die a quick and painful death due to motor failure, so I'm wondering if anyone has one sitting in their shed and would be willing to part out the power cable. It's long and blue, tends to get tangled up pretty easily, and has a swivel joint on it that doesn't seem to do a heck of a lot <shrug>.

Alternatively, has anyone figured out a DIY way to fix the cable? I'm actually considering a couple cans of Plasti-dip and a messy afternoon, but I don't know how long that would last and if the end result would be worse than the current situation.

y2,

I have found that about 50% of the time the pins on the end of the cable will corrode themselves right on to the pins on the motor-box.. This is one of those.. "If it is not broken, don't screw with it." things. :mrgreen:

When this happens, it is almost impossible to remove the cable without damage, and since the motor-box pins are inside a 2" deep hole, it is almost impossible to clean them up, assuming they are even usable.

Just a heads up, before you try to replace or remove the cable.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.