Looking for REPUTABLE and HONEST Online Vendors for Pool Equipment Parts

May 3, 2015
Moorpark, CA
I was really surprised that I ran into two large online vendors who are disreputable, and substituted cheap off-brand parts, even when their website shows a completely different manufacturer for the part ordered. It's obvious they are trying to pad their profits slipping purchasers inferior parts. I have no tolerance for this. It's a total waste of my time. I want the same brand of parts as the item being ordered for. If the manufacturer of the part is different, it needs to say so on the site. That includes filters, pump parts, etc. So I am looking suggestions for reputable online vendors. I don't mind paying more, as long as the vendor is honest, and reliable. Let me know who you have had good results with.

Thanks!

Michael,

I like InyoPool and SunPlay..

You don't need to tell us who the offenders are, but I'd like a couple of examples of what you are talking about.. I just can't see anyone sending you a different brand pump or filter or any piece of equipment except maybe EBay... :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the recommendations, Jim. I ordered Pentair filter grids and Pentair filter seals. That's not what I got. I thought at first they might be Pentair service brands, but Pentair has a website that shows all the Pentair brands. The package for the filter seals even used the word "genuine" on it to trick people. I sure don't want to give people like that any money.

From an AGP owner, I'm happy with several VM Express purchases.
However my experiences with Amazon have been the worst (both Prime & third party sellers)
eBay is definitely hit/miss, you really have to look at the details, and if it's not clear, I send a message (sometimes even if it is clear I send a message). As long as I've asked, I've only had 1 issue, but without asking, not so much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.