Looking for recommendations for heater replacement for Pentair Minimax NT

caleyjag

Apr 13, 2020
Los Angeles
Bought our house a couple of years ago and have been running the pool unheated since then. This is manageable in summer here in SoCal but going into the winter it's time to do something about it.

The existing pool heater is not in a functional state (see attached pic below). It is a Pentair Minimax NT which seems to be an obsolete model, so repair of the corroded components appears to be difficult if not impossible.

So the best plan of action seems to be a like-for-like replacement with a newer model.

I'm interested in any recommendations for on models/brands as I begin to engage with local suppliers.

Ideally the new heater should have a similar footprint/requirements to what is already there so we can fully leverage the existing infrastructure, which is otherwise in pretty good working order.

20200913_162910.jpg

I had the exact same heater and it corroded as well. Lasted 18 years though.
I replaced it with a Pentair MasterTemp 400k BTU as it heats up the spa quickly. There is also a 300 BTU, 250BTU and 175BTU model of the MasterTemp. Pentair has other heater models but this fit right into same space (actually was just a tab bit smaller footprint).

Reactions: caleyjag
Confirm what BTU your old heater is and what BTU gas service you have to the heater. Going lower BTUs is not a problem. Going higher BTUs can require upgrading your gas service.

The Pentair MasterTemp replaced the MiniMax.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.