Looking for recommendations for above ground pool steps

spacerobot

Aug 1, 2019
New York State
I am looking to upgrade my A-frame ladder now that I have a deck for my new above ground pool. I would more of a step instead of ladder stairs as my little kids like to sit on steps. I tried a set of wedding cake type stairs last year and after fighting with them for 2 hours we could not get them to stay down no matter what I returned them. Now that I have a deck up and running I am looking for something that will bolt to the deck and provide steps to get into the pool.

Anyone use any that are sturdy and stay weighed down efficiently?

Thanks!

All forms of steps, wedding cake or not, need weighted down.

I just the vinyl works 24 to mine and it works great. The one step missed the most is weighing it down. This one has you pour 15-20 pounds of gravel in the ladder before attaching the handrails. We rinsed the pea gravel first and made scoops out of water bottles. Once filled we put it in the water and it never tried to move.

Don't do like my neighbor and fill it with sand! It works, for a while, and then the sand comes out the holes in the ladder. Then you have a floating ladder and sand all through the pool.20200428_231929[1].jpg

Below is a link to a post I did 6 years ago that I found and copied and pasted. I'm not sure if it will show up if you paste it into your browser, but if it does it certainly helped holding down our wedding cake steps which also have 3 compartments underneath them that I filled with pea gravel, they have been in my pool for over 4 years now. I leave them in during the winter now also.
Hope this may help and show up when you copy and paste it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.