Looking for Plumber in Austin, TX area

Woodstock1234

Gold Supporter
Aug 4, 2020
Illinois
Hi all, I know this is a longshot, but thought I would give it a try. My daughter lives in Georgetown, TX, which is a northern suburb of Austin. She just bought a house and of course, something has to be wrong and the tub is leaking. It has to be replaced as the crack is all the way through the tub. There is no way the prior owner didn't know, but it was not disclosed.

Anyway, she has gotten 2 contractor bids to replace it, $13,000 and $15,000. I think that is totally crazy. She is now hoping she can buy the tub from home depot and have a plumber install it. Does anyone have a recommendation for this type of work? She says that plumbers that do this are in short supply in this area? I never heard of such a thing, but perhaps I am spoiled living in the Chicago area.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Plumbers are in short supply in Texas, most likely because they are still doing work on
the extensive damage caused by the major ice storm earlier this year. I had a natural
gas leak and the earliest I could get a plumber was 2-3 weeks. Prices are also inflated
IMHO.

Reactions: Pv2
Plumbers are in short supply in Texas, most likely because they are still doing work on
the extensive damage caused by the major ice storm earlier this year. I had a natural
gas leak and the earliest I could get a plumber was 2-3 weeks. Prices are also inflated
IMHO.
I figured there is a shortage, but the going rate to install a tub should be 2K. or so I thought.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.