Apr 3, 2014
Hutto, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Trying to troubleshoot pool leak :(
Water level dropped 3/4" per day and then stopped at bottom of skimmer. (bucket test confirmed a leak). I don't see an obvious crack, but did try some dye at the front of the skimmer, and thought Maybe there was a leak on the front corners behind the skimmer face plate (though still not sure).

1667064429381.jpeg

Also notice some tiny rust like spots on my steps, that I thought might be causing a leak, but I was able to remove them with fine sandpaper, so probably not?
Any and all help would be very much appreciated!
Purchased the epoxy repair putty from Amazon, and was going to try that in the corners of the skimmer.....

Attachments

• skimmer.jpg
    skimmer.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 5
  • water level in skimmer.jpg
    water level in skimmer.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 6
  • pool steps.jpg
    pool steps.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 5
  • pool steps 2.jpg
    pool steps 2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Since your water seems to have stopped falling at the skimmer throat, that certainly could be a suspect area. It doesn't take much. Epoxy might be one option, but it could also make future maintenance around the faceplate tricky later. Can you pinpoint exactly where you suspect water may be seeping though? As for the rust spots, just use a Vitamin C tablet next time. It should wipe it right off.

Reactions: Leslie123
Thank you so much for the reply, Texas Spash!! I love the vitamin C fix! I was worried about messing up my skimmer with the putty, but I have to admit that I pulled the trigger on the putty fix this afternoon, and I hope I don't regret it! Just so eager to get skimmer working again, before winter sets in here in Texas!
Again, I thank you for your help!
Leslie

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.