Looking for first hand feedback for the florida sunseeker / pool baron aftermarket LED replacement kit for pentair intellibrite 5G color lights

Dan-H

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2011
No. CA
update: My Intllibrite 5G did not die. It was tied into a GFI I was not aware it was tied into and that GFI had tripped. resetting the text to small font that is not accurate.

My intellibrite 5G color pool light died and this is one of the possible repair options.

Pentair® 619818Z Kit IntelliBrite® 5G PCBA Pool Aftermarket

Has anyone replaced their pentair intellibrite 5G color LED engine with one of these?

If so can you share your opinions please ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Giving you a bump for visibility on the busy weekend.

Thanks for the bump. I need to call them. I don't really want to lose screen logic integration, but maybe it will just work "weird".

edit: Also, it bothers me I cannot find any reviews other than their own.

I’m looking to order that same bulb, looks like your post came to a dead end? Did you end up getting it? Do you like it?

I’m looking to order that same bulb, looks like your post came to a dead end? Did you end up getting it? Do you like it?

I did not get it. It turns out I had a defective GFCI that my intellibrite was wired into. I replaced that to get my landscape lighting working and that fixed my pool light...

In another thread @wwtennent bought and installed that replacment engine and his comments are here:

I did not get it. It turns out I had a defective GFCI that my intellibrite was wired into. I replaced that to get my landscape lighting working and that fixed my pool light...

In another thread @wwtennent bought and installed that replacment engine and his comments are here:

I just installed 3 LED kits from florida sunseeker. They were replacing pentair intelibrites. I did 2 larger pool size and 1 spa light. I was a little nervous about it because there aren't very many reviews at all. I ended up giving them a shot. Luckily it went well. The kits were fairly easy to install. When installing the 2 larger modules the panels didn't seem to sit flat in the bezel. Almost like the led panel was aiming up when installed back in the pool wall. After installing all of the lights back into the pool it looked normal. The lights really are brighter than the old pentairs. The colors look much better. I just installed them today so I can't say anything for longevity yet. I do miss the red, white, and blue light show, but my old pentairs didn't have all the colors for a couple of years now anyway. I can add more pics if anyone needs to see anything. The youtube video walks you step by step on the install.

Attachments

• 20200621_165143.jpg
    20200621_165143.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200621_171128.jpg
    20200621_171128.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200621_170640.jpg
    20200621_170640.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: cwescapexlt4x4

I just installed 3 LED kits from florida sunseeker. They were replacing pentair intelibrites. I did 2 larger pool size and 1 spa light. I was a little nervous about it because there aren't very many reviews at all. I ended up giving them a shot. Luckily it went well. The kits were fairly easy to install. When installing the 2 larger modules the panels didn't seem to sit flat in the bezel. Almost like the led panel was aiming up when installed back in the pool wall. After installing all of the lights back into the pool it looked normal. The lights really are brighter than the old pentairs. The colors look much better. I just installed them today so I can't say anything for longevity yet. I do miss the red, white, and blue light show, but my old pentairs didn't have all the colors for a couple of years now anyway. I can add more pics if anyone needs to see anything. The youtube video walks you step by step on the install.

I am looking at this product as well. I could use a little help though. I currently have the Pentair intellibrite 5G. It is stuck on red and will not respond to the controller. I also have the Pentair controller. I was told the controller won't work with this replacement, I get that. I need to also determine what voltage the light is. Do I test this at the fixture with the light out of the niche? I obviously need a volt meter, which I have. i am just not sure how / where to test the voltage of the light. If anyone can post a pic of this replacement light in action I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Just ordered 2 of these to replace my Pentair Intellibrite 5G colored LEDs. Am using Pentair EasyTouch and ScreenLogic pool automation. Are these not compatible? Will they just stay on white by default?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just ordered 2 of these to replace my Pentair Intellibrite 5G colored LEDs. Am using Pentair EasyTouch and ScreenLogic pool automation. Are these not compatible? Will they just stay on white by default?
I have the Pentair controller. I was told the light is not compatible with that controller.

Honestly, I have not ordered it yet due to the lack of reviews and my stubbornness to part with the controller. My pool lighting saga is quite involved and sad. LONG STORY SHORT>>>>>>During the construction of my pool I pushed for more lights I wanted at least two maybe three. The pool company talked me into one. Our liner is the dark black onyx. Its beautiful, don't get me wrong. The light however does NOTHING for this pool. It struggles to light the deep end at night. I was wondering how much brighter these lights really are. I will probably order one just to see since my Pentair bulb is stuck on red and not functioning. I will see if I can put it in the budget for next summer!!! Please, If you can update this thread with your thoughts on the product.

Are these not compatible? Will they just stay on white by default?
They are compatible, but your 'light shows' as shown in Screenlogic may not match up. Individual light colors may not match up exactly. But your Screenlogic will change the light colors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.