Looking for Feedback on a New Pool Build in Charlotte, NC

Is 8’ by 16’ sunken area large enough for a bar (seating, appliances, place to stand and hang out, etc). Not sure if we’ll cover (ex: pergola) it or not.
For this grab your water hoses and lay them out in this size and put some chairs or what ever you think you will want to sit on in this area. See how it feels in "real life" and go from there.

keeping it lawn for the kids to have some grass to play on
Please note fake grass and bare feet noted above. They and you are going to want a place to throw a ball around and do some fun stuff such as that as well as just running around playing chase. That area will be purrfect for that! Then you can pull out the chairs and loungers for movie nights outside!

For this grab your water hoses and lay them out in this size and put some chairs or what ever you think you will want to sit on in this area. See how it feels in "real life" and go from there.

Please note fake grass and bare feet noted above. They and you are going to want a place to throw a ball around and do some fun stuff such as that as well as just running around playing chase. That area will be purrfect for that! Then you can pull out the chairs and loungers for movie nights outside!

Are you eluding to the artificial turf getting hot?

Here are the notes from above replies that talk about how hot artificial turf gets:

The only thing I want you to think about is the fake turf. That stuff gets HOT and I mean HOT in the sun. I encourage you to get a sample and let it sit in the sun then put your bare foot on it.
my son went to stand in the "grass" since the deck is hot when it's 110, and he was dancing as much on the turf as the deck.
I know they've come a long way and are cooler than they used to be, but not cool enough.

After some discussions with the landscape architect (and obviously my wife), we have made some revisions to our overall landscape / pool plan as attached. In summary, the following changes were made:

1) Reduced size of "lower terrace" (ie: the dry side of the swim up bar)

2) Due to the reduced size of lower terrace, the playground (ie: playset) area was moved to the far right side of the rear property.

3) Due to the playground area being moved from behind the detached garage, it freed up space for a flex space (we are still determining whether we want artificial turn or good ol' Fescue). The thought is we could use this space for the kids to run around while they are young, set-up a badminton net, corn hole, etc.

We would welcome any feedback. We feel we are getting pretty close to moving to the next step in the design process which is picking out specific materials, finishes, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2nd Draft Landscape Plan.pdf
    614 KB · Views: 16
Just make sure you can see the two play areas from the pool and see the pool from the play areas.

The new size for the dry bar-do you have chairs & table picked out for that area? Will they fit in the new size?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.