looking for covered patio ideas

Jun 12, 2017
louisiana
We are about to undergo construction of a pool and we will be bldg a stand alone patio, pavillion, or covered pergola off the west side of the pool. Looking to do a 12x12. Possibly adding and outdoor kitchen under it later? Please show off some of yours. Also if you know of any kits or DIY designs send them my way please.

I have an all metal gazebo made by Sojag. They have many different styles. Ours is a solid roof. This with the winter curtains. It comes with a mosquito net
42eff6080e693992e0ef28acddfeac5e.jpg

We are in the process of building a gazebo/pavilion kit by Yardistry, available at Costco. We put up the frame last weekend and plan to do the roof next weekend.

Our gazebo is 12x14 but sometimes they have ones that are 12x12. They are priced competitively and we are very happy with how it is coming together but I would not recommend unless at least one person involved with the build has the skills to build a similar structure from scratch (ie this is beyond an occasional DIY-type project). There are several helpful videos regarding assembly on youtube.

Attachments

• IMG_3292.jpg
    IMG_3292.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_3299.jpg
    IMG_3299.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 590
Very nice. I like the cedar one from costco. i was looking at this same one, only wish the metal roof would match the metal roof on our existing patio off the house.

We have a hunter green standing seam roof on part of our house and had a similar concern. FWIW, the roof color on the costco structure is a relatively neutral bronze-ish color and kind of blends. It also might be possible to have it powder-coat painted (for example by a local auto body shop).

You can check out http://www.fifthroom.com/. Great pricing configurator and also for ideas.

Just be sure you are sitting down when you price it out. Not cheap but convenient and well built. They also installed mine for a very reasonable price. Pics of ours in my build thread in my signature. It is bigger though at maybe 12x22.

I had a weird trapezoid shaped area where I wanted to put ours, finally decided to frame it myself, 6x6 columns, 6x12 beams, trusses with metal roof. Basically 16' wide, 15' long on one side, and 23' on the other. Cost about $7,000 in materials, and lots of my cheap labor. I priced pergola's, even DIY kits, but too expensive to fit the odd area. Recently added 9 solar panels on top.
IMG_1944.jpgIMG_1945.jpg

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We added a 10x16 pre-made pavilion to our existing 16x20 deck before we had a pool. After the pool was put in we added more deck to connect everything together. I wish the covered pavilion was larger. We use it more than any other area.
large.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.