Looking for advice on OB in AZ

Lynx

Jan 7, 2019
Surprise, AZ
Hi all, been a lurker here for a few weeks but really want to start on an OB and looking for some pointers. Do you guys recommend paying BYOP or just doing it all yourself? We have a design we love from a builder here but not sure where to go from here. Any help is much appreciated!

Some people had really good luck with BYOP and some not so much. I guess it is like everything else..............it depends on who you get to work with.

If you cannot be there on a moments notice then you need to forget about doing an OB unless you find a good GC that can babysit the trades for you.

I'm in the process of GC'ing my pool. So far it has gone pretty smooth. Currently have the shotcrete complete and are looking at the interior finish/tile and decking phase to begin in a couple of weeks.
The subs that I have worked with so far have all been really exceptional. They know each other and are knowledgeable about pool construction.
The design was the hardest part for me so if you already have that, the rest is easy IMO. Permitting wasn't difficult with City of Mesa.

I'm in the process of GC'ing my pool. So far it has gone pretty smooth. Currently have the shotcrete complete and are looking at the interior finish/tile and decking phase to begin in a couple of weeks.
The subs that I have worked with so far have all been really exceptional. They know each other and are knowledgeable about pool construction.
The design was the hardest part for me so if you already have that, the rest is easy IMO. Permitting wasn't difficult with City of Mesa.

Did you use a company like BYOP? I downloaded Pool Studio and made 2 designs; 1 has a 7x7 hot tub, the other does not. Just not sure where to go from there.

No BYOP.
Did meet with a PB early on to get some ideas, but ultimately took the design and made it what I wanted it to be. Engineering was through a company out in CA that has typical structural engineering packages for residential pools. Created sub list and budget and then solicited pricing from the subs I found to be qualified to perform the work. Applied for permit through city and once approved, scheduled subcontractors to perform work.
I have a pretty good spreadsheet that I can share with you if you would like that has detailed itemization and you can plug in your budget numbers for each scope/component.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.