Looking for a wireless pool thermometer

Monoman

Apr 21, 2023
Texas
Anyone have any ideas for a wireless pool thermometer? Ideally I would like to be able to read the temp on my phone or better yet via a wifi connection. I am not opposed to a temp probe in the water as I have a hard side AGP and installation is pretty adaptable. Temp tracking would be nice but not a must have. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

This Sonoff switch is designed to monitor temps and switch a device (like a heater) using the eWelink app. The Temp Probe can be mounted in a thermowell plumbed into the pool plumbing...

20220402_133517-jpg.411581

This newest version of the device does support temp tracking.

I’m on my 3rd year with this one. It’s nothing fancy, but it works. They do make a wifi module, but I don’t have that.

I use energizer lithium batteries, and they last a good year. I even leave it out in the freezing cold/snow of winter.

I added a desiccant pack inside where the batteries go for extra insurance.

I told myself I’d look for something better when this one died… but it hasn’t died.

https://a.co/d/36sWRg2

This Sonoff switch is designed to monitor temps and switch a device (like a heater) using the eWelink app. The Temp Probe can be mounted in a thermowell plumbed into the pool plumbing...

20220402_133517-jpg.411581

This newest version of the device does support temp tracking.
Very interesting and thank you for the idea! I already have some Sonoff activated devices that open the gates around my ranch. I use the eWelink app for those. I may have to look into this, as I think the installation would be more robust than a floating thermometer.

I searched for years for a pool water temperature solution that would give me current temperature 24 hours a day, wherever I happened to be, on whatever device I had closest. I never found an available gizmo that I liked, which could interface with my home automation system, so I built my own. No batteries. No wi-fi. I wrote about it:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.