Looking for a new Robot Cleaner

GCyr

May 16, 2020
Queen Creek, AZ
Moved from here.
4. Why a creepy krauly instead of as Maytronics Robot? You can even connect some robots up to automation (relay controlled power receptacle). A Maytronics is much more efficient. I have a suction-side cleaner ONLY because it's a tank and won't die (and don't think I haven't tried to kill it). :p. As soon as it needs a rebuild, I'm calling Marina Pool and Spa. I already have the receptacle wired up to the power relay in the IntelliCenter OCP

Ron,

Saw that you suggested the Maytronics cleaner. Our Pentair Rebel (came with the pool build), is dying and we are looking at robotics.

Which model do you recommend, and does it work with Intellicenter? If so, how?

Thanks, Gary and Peg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary and Peg,

1. Here is a good recent thread that references similar questions.

2. I'm no robot expert (only an admirer at the present time). From what I have gleaned, I would lean heavy towards a Maytronics Dolphin with the built-in "Auto" feature if you want to incorporate with automation using a GFCI receptacle controlled by one of your IntelliCenter power relays. You will get lots of help choosing the right model from those who are experienced users.

3. From all I've read, Marina Pools is your "go to" for purchasing.

Hope this helps.
r.

Last edited:
I have no experience with a pressure or suction side cleaner, but I love my robot.

Picks up a ton of fine dust and sand that I can’t imagine a pressure side cleaner would get as well. Also it brushes the pool more thoroughly than I would have the patience to do manually. Only thing it doesn’t do well is get the stuff stuck in the coves, steps, or sundeck so I brush those manually every once in a while before running the robot.

I got mine from Marina pools via a phone call, and they were super knowledgeable, and didn’t try to upsell to the most expensive model. It shipped and arrived in a few days.

I too had a Pentair Rebel suction side cleaner and it was so much better than hand vacuuming......then I bought a Maytronics robot s200 aka Dolphin and experienced a new level of pool cleaning. Having lived through the CA fires of 2020 this robot is a game changer.

Which model do you recommend, and does it work with Intellicenter? If so, how?

Thanks, Gary and Peg

There is a hidden automation mode in the Maytronics units. Once activated, anytime the robot receives power, it turns on.

If I had to do it over again, I would have purchased a cheaper Maytronics model and wired it up to the cleaner pump relay on my automation system.

OTOH, my more expensive model has more than just automation. It has 2 cleaning modes: fast (just clean bottom) and complete (scrubs sides as well). I can also "drive" the robot to direct it to specific areas.

And the "model" you will want will depend on the size of your pool (less than 33 feet or more than 33 feet, basically cord length) and features.

Most people here purchase an S200 or equal. Below is a list showing the different models and what are exactly the same but rebranded for different markets/sellers. I think the equal from Marina is the Pentair Prowler 920. The more full featured model, like mine, is the S300i which is also the Pentair Prowler 930.

The Truth About Pool Cleaners: What Your Pool Store Isn’t Telling You — Sunplay

Here is the Maytronics website so you can look at the different models

Dolphin Automatic Pool Cleaners : Go Robotic with Maytronics (maytronicsus.com)

Picks up a ton of fine dust and sand that I can’t imagine a pressure side cleaner would get as well.
This is what’s been the greatest shock to me. Grew up with a Polaris and knew they worked well to pick up leaves, I guess I just sort of assumed that’s all that needed picked up from a pool bottom along with the occasional sunken bug or acorn or what not.

The first time I rinsed out the fine filter from my Dolphin, I was astonished at the amount of mud/dirt that flushed out of it.

Reactions: imrodee
There is a hidden automation mode in the Maytronics units. Once activated, anytime the robot receives power, it turns on.

If I had to do it over again, I would have purchased a cheaper Maytronics model and wired it up to the cleaner pump relay on my automation system.

OTOH, my more expensive model has more than just automation. It has 2 cleaning modes: fast (just clean bottom) and complete (scrubs sides as well). I can also "drive" the robot to direct it to specific areas.

And the "model" you will want will depend on the size of your pool (less than 33 feet or more than 33 feet, basically cord length) and features.

Most people here purchase an S200 or equal. Below is a list showing the different models and what are exactly the same but rebranded for different markets/sellers. I think the equal from Marina is the Pentair Prowler 920. The more full featured model, like mine, is the S300i which is also the Pentair Prowler 930.

The Truth About Pool Cleaners: What Your Pool Store Isn’t Telling You — Sunplay

Here is the Maytronics website so you can look at the different models

Dolphin Automatic Pool Cleaners : Go Robotic with Maytronics (maytronicsus.com)
Where do you find the hidden automation mode?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.