Another The Woodlands, TX Build - Finishing up - landscaping and electrical

Robtown

Bronze Supporter
Jul 16, 2020
The Woodlands, TX
They aren’t permanently installed but I couldn’t wait to put the water bowls on, so I got my workout in and heaved these 90lbs bowls into place to get the full effect. (I’m going to point the middle bowl more towards the middle of the pool.

With all of the pumps on and the JetArrays at max, it’s pretty loud. But then again,the JetArrays would be on only when in the spa so you wouldn’t hear the pumps anyway. It’s not too bad with all of the water features running.

I got the speaker wire and internet run to the pergola for a streaming TV. I picked up a 55” TCL Roku TV from Walmart on an early Black Friday sale for a steal at $150. Need to figure out a TV mount and have a few ideas.

E019650C-D508-4FC6-AB38-A8D4A710BB3F.jpeg

1CC335D9-F74A-47CA-A179-D56350827227.jpeg
A57413EB-B078-47F8-8C97-0547DA7D01DD.jpeg

Robtown

Bronze Supporter
Jul 16, 2020
The Woodlands, TX
Sorry for the lack of updates. It’s been busy with taking care of the pool (chemicals, brushing, vacuuming, and especially skimming all of the leaves out of the pool) and the holidays.

We braved the cold to jump in the pool on the day before Thanksgiving before the rain and colder weather hit as we couldn’t resist. It was quite um... refreshing is one way to put it.

I need to take some more pictures and should get some nice sunny ones this weekend. I’m love the view out of the living room windows both day and night with the lighting. The blue has died down some which is good and the water is staying well balanced but requiring a lot of acid, about 30-40oz per day. I can’t wait to get the IntelliPH running to automate that process.

Landscaping is starting tomorrow to reconnect irrigation, set up drainage, final grading and some ground and planter prep. I can’t wait to get rid of some of the mud and the pile of dirt behind the spa.
FEDB556F-E3EC-414B-B9A4-52D75F13F7FA.jpeg
2B57D676-028E-4254-9AFA-4F637E107CA8.jpeg

Robtown

Bronze Supporter
Jul 16, 2020
The Woodlands, TX
That is a wonderful water color! Sure DOES look like a TFP! Well done!

Please go to this thread: Pool Finish and Color Viewing Room...TFP Member Sound Off and post some pics looking down at the steps and different depths. Make sure to put in what kind and color your plaster is as well as any extras you had added to it if any.
Thanks Kim, I’ll add these pictures to that thread when I get some better full sun pictures of the steps to be able to compare.

Here are some partial sun/shade pictures of our Blue Surf (no additives)

BC9FFEC9-7D5E-4C88-ADD3-14438345AC2D.jpeg52CBDE46-A49A-4E03-AAD7-0F218DB8FFF1.jpeg50FC830A-5460-42E1-88A8-764CBBF970D0.jpegAFC06704-25B3-4491-AEEF-8D5037FD94C6.jpeg

Reactions: NWS

Robtown

Bronze Supporter
Jul 16, 2020
The Woodlands, TX
Landscaping starting tomorrow and hoping to be done by Thursday. Laid out my rough plan this weekend and existed to get to a more finished project.

I also bought a lot of supplies to work on some of the electrical projects like...

finish outdoor speaker wiring with 2 additional speakers on the new pergola (will make 4 total) plus a buried subwoofer

cat6 network cable from pergola Smart TV to network switch in outdoor bathroom (connects cameras, Sonos, and WiFi AP

4 cat6 cables to equipment pad - 2 for 2 cameras (one for security on that side of house, other to view the equipment), 1 for IntelliCenter hardwire, 1 for future RS-485 communication for advanced automation (Thanks @MyAZPool, I wouldn’t have thought to run an extra line without your recent automation build update. I may add a 5th just in case although it’s not too tough to gain access)

Equipment pad light install and wiring to load center

And finally, rewiring and cleaning up the IntelliCenter install. I’d welcome anyone’s thoughts on this wiring plan...

42A1CEBD-4D35-47FC-80D0-2BF8B647B4C9.png

Reactions: MyAZPool

GCyr

May 16, 2020
Queen Creek, AZ
I will also vouch for Marina Pool Spa and Patio. Best price, excellent customer service, fast delivery. Bought from them about a month ago.
Just got off of the phone with Marina Pool Spa and Patio. Ordered the Warrior SI. Margaret was great!!! Answered all of our questions and took care of everything. Thanks to all!

Reactions: kimkats